Thursday 1 April 2010

LATERAL THINKING

Some time ago I saw this inspiring Elizabeth GIlbert's talk on TED which made me more focus on the aspects the way our mind works and how we think.!?

Elizabeth Gilbert on nurturing creativity | Video on TED.com

I wasn't planning to post this link but I came across some article that linked back to this one and decided to point it out.

I felt a bit stuck again and flipped through my note book and came across some notes about LATERAL THINKING.

To summarise what lateral thinking is
- the ability to think creatively
- to use the inspiration and imagination to solve problem by looking at them from unexpected perspectives

It involves
- discarding the obvious
- leaving behind traditional modes of thought
- throwing away preconceptions

It surprisingly summarises all the topics I have been thinking about and the creator of this term LATERAL THINKING Edward de Bono has inspired my further thoughts about my project.

1 comment:

  1. Sveiki. Interesanti ieraudzīt savus puzurus citu blogos. Labdien, esmu viņu autore:)). Ortkārt, nav jau nu gluži labākie piemēri, jo šie nav gluži klasiski puzuri, bet mana improvizācija. Tajos senajos laikos biju ļoti aizrāvusies ar dažādu formu un tehniku meklējumiem. Treskārt, pat nestādos priekšā, kur jūs esat šīs bildes dabūjusi, interneta mistika. Man pateica draudzene, ka redzējusi jūsu blogā manus darbus, un pēc vairākiem gadiem saņēmos uzrakstīt. Ko nu vairs, tas jau sen pagājis. :)) Elīna Riekstiņa ex Kalva

    ReplyDelete