Sunday 9 May 2010

PROCESS NOT PRODUCT

I've been thinking about my experience here in London studying at CSM in contradiction to my education in Latvia.
The more I think about it the more I come across the absolute opposites in all various aspects of teaching, learning and understanding.
I think I've really benefited from making myself do something quite different to what I'm used to for this last unit. As in Latvia it was always about the outcome, the product you get at the end, the time and effort that has been put in-between the starting point and the final outcome was secondary.
The process was lost.
The experience had no importance.
I feel I am risking slightly by my approach with this unit. As I've put in so much effort in everything else except the final, polished outcome. I'm really trying to figure out how could I reflect on all the work, thinking and learning I've gained an outcome, that would reflect on the main and most important factor THE LEARNING PROCESS.
So I've decided to do a booklet/book to reflect on the differences and my personal experience throughout my education.

No comments:

Post a Comment